- Washington D.C.
The Data Specialist will assist with the entry, clean up, and uploading of data, received by the IT department, into Food & Water Watch’s systems. This person will learn how to use Salesforce and other Food & Water Watch systems and services, that will allow them to complete their job duties. Those duties include turning paper petitions, forms, documents, etc. into electronic files, doing data hygiene of the electronic data, and following Food & Water Watch processes related to how to handle and store the data.
The Data Specialist will help promote a positive work environment by maintaining respectful interactions with FWW employees and volunteers. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
This is a part-time position based in our downtown DC office with metro access.
- Transcribe hand written information into established electronic file formats.
- Convert digital images with applicable text into established electronic file formats.
- Follow established Food & Water Watch data hygiene rules and policies.
- Upload/store data in set systems and services as indicated by IT management and / or processes.
- Handle data as required by Food & Water Watch policy and all applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
- Become proficient at various established upload tools, MS Office Word and Excel, and other systems and tools that are needed to complete job.
- Respect the confidentiality of Food & Water Watch's data in all mediums.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow processes.
- Good computer skills are required.
- Ability to type 30 - 40 WPM.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
This position pays $15 per hour.
How to Apply
Please email a resume to [email protected] (Subject: Data Specialist).