- Washington D.C.
The Human Resources Assistant will handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. The position will serve as a liaison between the HR Manager and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. This position will also assist the HR Manager with compliance, recruiting, new hire onboarding and administrative responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have an academic HR background and previous work experience in human resources. This is a part-time position based in our downtown DC office with metro access.
- Assist in the recruiting process by posting job and internship positions on employment job boards and local universities. Maintain the FWW internships page.
- Reconcile benefits and invoices for accuracy.
- Compile and update employee records.
- Assist the HR manager with employee wellness initiatives.
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.).
- Coordinate new employee set up with IT and logistics departments.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR department.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. One year of previous human resources experience or internships strongly preferred. Strong interest in a human resources career a plus.
- Knowledge of basic human resources functions and procedures. Demonstrated interest in food and water issues.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality with critical and sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with a pleasant demeanor via phone, email and in person.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail.
- Good computer skills are required, including familiarity with database and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch.
- Proficiency with Mac software is desired.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Competitive salary, depending upon experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer paid medical/dental/long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, and generous paid leave.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and differently-abled people to apply. Click here to submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references.