- New York
We envision a healthy future for our families and for generations to come, a world where all people have the wholesome food, clean water and sustainable energy they need to thrive. We believe this will happen when people become involved in making democracy work and when people, not corporations, control the decisions that affect their lives and communities. Interns will have the benefit of learning critical research, grassroots organizing and advocacy skills from experienced staff.
The Food & Water Watch development staff is responsible for developing and implementing new and traditional fundraising strategies to support the organization and our national, regional and local issue campaigns. Successful development and fundraising is a critical function in any nonprofit, and is an excellent career path for people hoping to work in the nonprofit sector. We are looking for an intern to support development staff in our Brooklyn office.
This is a paid temporary full-time position and it runs from June - August.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting prospect research (both foundations and individuals).
- Assisting with mailings and other targeted outreach to current stakeholders and prospects.
- Drafting grant letters, proposals, and reports for foundations.
- Drafting cultivation emails for foundation outreach.
- Helping full-time staff maintain the FWW donor database.
- Providing administrative support to development department staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interest in Food & Water Watch’s issues and a demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Interest in how a nonprofit works and how it sustains and expands programming through fund development.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required, as well as an ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Experience in social issue organizing, communications, fundraising or research is especially helpful.
- Applicant mut be legally eligible to work in the United State.
How to Apply:
Please email a tailored cover letter, resume, and writing sample to [email protected] (Subject: NY Summer Development Internship).