On Thursday February 1st, dozens of Maryland residents and clean energy advocates will rally outside the State House in support of the most aggressive climate bill ever introduced in the legislature. State lawmakers will introduce the “100% Clean Renewable Energy & Equity Act”, which would require all of Maryland’s electricity to come from clean sources by 2035.
Members of the 100% Renewable Maryland coalition will highlight the scientific necessity of the bill, given the worsening impacts of climate change, as well as features of the legislation designed to improve public health, protect low-income households and stimulate job growth in Maryland.
What: Rally and press conference introducing 100% clean energy legislation
When: Thursday, February 1, 12:30 p.m.
Where: Lawyer’s Mall, 100 State Circle, Annapolis MD
Visuals: dozens of activists, state legislators, large (8’x4’) banner, clean energy posters
- Delegate Shane Robinson (D-39)
- Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins (D-20)
- Delegate Eric Luedtke (D-14)
- Delegate Karen Young (D-3A)
- Josh Tulkin, Maryland Sierra Club
- Rianna Eckel, Food & Water Watch
- Tim Whitehouse, Chesapeake Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Linda Morin, We Are Cove Point
- Ruth Alice White, Howard County Climate Action
- Aravinda Pillalamarri, Harford County Climate Action